Who Album Publicity and U2

L. Bird pkeets at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 26 22:29:02 CST 2004

>>Tweens and young teens are still into rap, hiphop and the new R&B, but at
>twenty they're looking for something with more substance.

>rod stewart's latest album of standards debuted at no. 1, green day's
"american idiot" also debuted at no. 1..

Which means...what, d'you think?  That these albums have more substance than
the usual pop?

I'm not sure how an album debuts at no. 1, but I'm under the impression it's
orders instead of sales.  Does it mean the preliminary buzz (or promotion)
has been good enough that retailers order more copies of it than any other
album that week?  This sounds great, but will a platinum album count for
more?

keets