The Who Album Publicity and U2

L. Bird pkeets at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 26 16:06:56 CST 2004

>U2 now is like Who in 1979... a mature, successful and active band
maintaining his success, sometimes achieving occasional high peaks. The Who
will never repeat this status again, IMO, unfortunately... The chances of
the new album revive the Who's career are very low, like Yes in 1983? (owner
of a lonely heart) or Pink Floyd in 1999? (learn to fly), that is, a
conjunction of good songs and public's humor and taste (with some bit of a
good publicity).

You're probably right, considering that half of them are dead.  However, I
believe B.B. King had a hit album not that long ago.  I don't think age has
that much to do with it.

keets