Live YBYB

Imonecmw at aol.com Imonecmw at aol.com
Thu Nov 25 10:47:14 CST 2004

In a message dated 11/24/2004 5:50:44 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Sroundtable at aol.com writes:

Live  YBYB is far and away better than the studio version.  The studio
version  is too 80s cheese-like for me.  Too poppish for The Who.  When they  play
it live it is a ROCK song.  Pete fires into those power chords and  solos.
It's impressive.  And for Roger, even today that song is  right in his
wheelhouse.  He sings it as well or better now than  then.

It would be one of the first I'd pick off the setlist, but it's a real
crowdpleaser so I can concede its value to both the audience and the  band.  I
prefer the studio version if only for the phrasing of "and when it  comes to
all..night..living, I know what I'm GIVING".

Cynthia