Curbishley's Post

Alan McKendree amck at thenetdr.com
Wed Nov 24 23:16:48 CST 2004

> Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 14:41:31 +0000
> From: "L. Bird" <pkeets at hotmail.com>
>
> There's some speculation going around that Curbishley's wording means
> the
> album is already completed.

OK, I'll bite, what's the basis for that speculation?  The only thing I
see worthy of note on close inspection of that message is "We all feel
we still have much to offer and achieve as a group and were looking
forward to completing an album for eventual release next year." which
could be read as saying they've SCRAPPED the album. It depends on
whether Bill C, or whoever typed that in, really meant "WERE looking
forward to..." -- as in, we've given it up -- but it's probably a
typoed attempt at "WE'RE looking forward to..." -- as in, we ARE
looking forward".

Cheers,
Alan McKendree
Townshend, 1967