Roger on new Who album/tour

Brian Cady brianinatlanta2001 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 24 20:46:06 CST 2004

I've gotten so inured to seeing "Who record new album"
that I didn't notice that today's story contain new
quotes from Roger.

On line at:
http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/NewsStory.aspx?section=CELEBRITY&oid=63956

Who survivors to work on first album since 1982

LOS ANGELES - Singer Roger Daltrey and guitarist Pete
Townshend -- the two surviving members of the
legendary British rock band The Who -- will get
together next month for what could be their first
studio album since 1982.

"I'm just about to go into the studio again with Pete
for the first time in 22 years," Daltrey, 60, told
Reuters in an interview.

"It's exciting. I think it's going to be very
different. We are going to take a completely new
approach to how we work in the studio and see what
happens," he said.

The deaths of drummer Keith Moon in 1978 and bassist
John Entwistle in 2002 left only Daltrey and Townshend
from the original lineup of The Who -- the influential
band that made its name in the 1960s by smashing up
its equipment and proclaiming "hope I die before I get
old."

Despite several reunions, solo projects and the
release in May of two new songs on a greatest hits
compilation, The Who has not made a studio recording
since 1982's "It's Hard."

"There is only Pete and I left. First thing we're
going to be doing is him and I going in and making
music just together. Then we're going to get our stage
band together and work around involving them in
whatever that band creates, which is a different thing
again," Daltrey said.

In a posting on his Web site, Townshend said the
working title for the project, starting in
mid-December, was "Who2."

"We may have a CD ready to release in the spring...If
the recording works out, we will tour...in the first
half of 2005," he said.

=====
-Brian in Atlanta
The Who This Month!