Live YBYB

Sroundtable at aol.com Sroundtable at aol.com
Wed Nov 24 16:49:31 CST 2004

Jim in CO writes:

"Scott, really?  I'm the opposite; I like the live versions but the studio version of YBYB is my least favorite Who song of all."

I couldn't agree more.  Live YBYB is far and away better than the studio version.  The studio version is too 80s cheese-like for me.  Too poppish for The Who.  When they play it live it is a ROCK song.  Pete fires into those power chords and solos.  It's impressive.  And for Roger, even today that song is right in his wheelhouse.  He sings it as well or better now than then.

Mc