Zak & Pino To Retain Their Who Membership!

Kevin O'Neal kevinandt at gmavt.net
Tue Nov 23 19:52:36 CST 2004

>Scott Schrade schrade
>Zak & Pino To Retain Their Who Membership!
>
>"They are regarded by Roger Daltrey, Pete Townshend and myself, and I
>am sure by the majority of their fans, as important pivotal members of the
>incredible touring band still billed as the Who."

Hmmmmm.  "members of the incredible touring band still billed as the Who."

"the incredible touring band still billed as the Who."

Ya can almost feel the noose.
Why does that strike me strange?

Oh, and thanks to Jim M and a well-aimed MP3, I've had the pleasure of
hearing the live EF version from IH re-issue.
Still, a song best captured in the studio (thank God......well, and John).

Ahhhh, the studio.
Where musicians can sit and calm down.  Think about things.
Where music comes alive in depth and textures and subtleties.
It's where we learn that power by force isn't always as powerful as power by
subtle diplomacy.
Musical harmony carefully placed together...just so, rather than colliding
by happenstance (albeit *pleasant* happenstance).
Give me the Wall of Sound, wash of volume, and power of explosive crescendos
from the stage, but never take from me the carefully planned and perfectly
executed stories and musical accomplishments that are the studio album.

Stay in tune,
Kevin in VT