Daltrey Speaks About Possible New Album

Scott Schrade schrade at akrobiz.com
Tue Nov 23 17:05:03 CST 2004

Repost from Relayers:

==========
Who Survivors to Work on First Album Since 1982

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Singer Roger Daltrey (news) and guitarist
Pete Townshend (news) -- the two surviving members of the legendary
British rock band The Who -- will get together next month for what
could be their first studio album since 1982.

"I'm just about to go into the studio again with Pete for the first
time in 22 years," Daltrey, 60, told Reuters in an interview.

"It's exciting. I think it's going to be very different. We are going
to take a completely new approach to how we work in the studio and
see what happens," he said.

The deaths of drummer Keith Moon in 1978 and bassist John Entwistle
in 2002 left only Daltrey and Townshend from the original lineup of
The Who -- the influential band that made its name in the 1960s by
smashing up its equipment and proclaiming "hope I die before I get
old."

Despite several reunions, solo projects and the release in May of two
new songs on a greatest hits compilation, The Who has not made a
studio recording since 1982's "It's Hard."

"There is only Pete and I left. First thing we're going to be doing
is him and I going in and making music just together. Then we're
going to get our stage band together and work around involving them
in whatever that band creates, which is a different thing again,"
Daltrey said.

In a posting on his Web site, Townshend said the working title for
the project, starting in mid-December, was "Who2."

"We may have a CD ready to release in the spring...If the recording
works out, we will tour...in the first half of 2005," he said.

- SCHRADE in Akron