It's Hard

Anna Mormack carrieanne79 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 23 13:47:52 CST 2004

<<From: "Scott Schrade" <schrade at akrobiz.com>
Subject: Re: It's Hard
> It can be, but it wasn't kind to Pete.  Fashion had
a lot to do with it,
> obviously.

I'm with Keets.  Pete looked lovely (yes, lovely) in
the early '80s.  Check
him out in the Essen, Germany '81 boot video.  He's
got on a cool
military-style jacket, & jeans tucked into a pair of
Docs.  I think he looks cool as fuck.  Maybe a little
eyeliner.....

You can make fun of the early '80s Pete all you want,
but, I'm sorry,.... he looked a hell of  a lot better
*then* than he did in the early-to-mid
'70s.  That's Pete's ugliest period, IMO.  The tight
flares, tight long-sleeved shirts, the scraggly beard.
 Yuck.  Give me Flock of Seagulls Pete any day>>

My favourite look of his is the late Seventies to
1980, when he had the close-cut beard going on (and I
normally don't really care for guys with beards!).
I'm not keen on the longer beard he had during the
early and mid-Seventies.  The Flock of Seagulls
haircut he had in the early Eighties just makes me
cringe whenever I see most of the pix of him from that
era, though I like he how looks in some pix, like the
cover of CE and in the bloody hand picture.

=====
Anna U. Mormack
Just an old-fashioned sheba in search of a modern-day sheik.
Del dicho al hecho hay mucho trecho.

Which room of my Magick Theatre would you like to visit today?
http://www.angelfire.com/retro/purple_vinyl (main page)
http://www.angelfire.com/retro/purple_vinyl/updates.html (last updated 22 November)
http://www.angelfire.com/retro/purple_vinyl/rants.html
http://www.angelfire.com/retro/purple_vinyl/albumreviews.html