Better Off Not Live

L. Bird pkeets at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 22 18:48:36 CST 2004

>>What I had in mind was more like Love Reign O'er Me.  They attempt
>to play it more or less as the original, but it completely lacks the impact
>of the Quad version.

>I agree.  LROM is always weak live, IMO.  And, actually, I'm not
>particularly
fond of the studio version.

The versions from the 1996-97 tours were very powerful and I liked the big
band backing them.  I don't know that you can compare these to the studio
version, as they're very different animals.  The studio version seems very
weak in comparison, but it's very well done in a different way.

keets