It's Hard

Scott Schrade schrade at akrobiz.com
Mon Nov 22 17:34:34 CST 2004

> It can be, but it wasn't kind to Pete.  Fashion had a lot to do with it,
> obviously.

I'm with Keets.  Pete looked lovely (yes, lovely) in the early '80s.  Check
him out in the Essen, Germany '81 boot video.  He's got on a cool military-
style jacket, & jeans tucked into a pair of Docs.  I think he looks cool as
fuck.  Maybe a little eyeliner.....

You can make fun of the early '80s Pete all you want, but, I'm sorry,.... he
looked a hell of  a lot better *then* than he did in the early-to-mid '70s.
That's Pete's ugliest period, IMO.  The tight flares, tight long-sleeved shirts,
the scraggly beard.  Yuck.  Give me Flock of Seagulls Pete any day.
OK, except for the pajama bottoms.  (!)

- SCHRADE in Akron