Live Aid hygiene problems?

Jim M NakedI at comcast.net
Sun Nov 21 08:40:10 CST 2004

----- Original Message ----- From: "simon malia"

> When lunchtime came round, our little group of four, me, my best mate and
> our then girlfriends, opened our cheese butties and washed 'em down with
> water.

See, I saw this and I wanted to make a joke like...you've got to wash your
"butty" down with water (and preferably soap) every day, or it *will* get
cheesy.  But that would have been crass.  I'm glad I didn't do it.

>Being the gobby sort I still am, I said something like "wouldn't it be
>obscene if people had a really fancy lunch", just as the people in front
>started unpacking their coolbox - which was laden with chicken legs, pate,
>french breads, spreads, wine etc etc.

Say what you will about the English, but let me tell you, you guys *know*
how to have a picnic.

Jim M