Better off not Live

Frate, Chris (EM, PTL) chris.frate at penske.com
Sat Nov 20 19:54:18 CST 2004

Well, it depends what era you're in. The Live at Leeds Magic Bus is killer but the Zak era Magic Bus is kind of ordinary, and the Tommy era "I'm Free" is even better than the studio because it has John's amazing bass "zwoops" (Da-Da-Da-Da-Da-Da-Da-ZWOOP-Da-Da-Da-Da-Da-Da-Da-ZWOOP). Bargain has always been one that - although great live - I thought was much better in the studio. Scott you can probably relate to my disappointment when the Who's Next Deluxe came out and it seemed that Keith had either forgotten or not yet decided (I don't remember which came first, the show or the studio sessions) to use the crazy double-bass rhythm live that he employed in the studio.

-Chris in Cleveland