It's Hard

L. Bird pkeets at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 20 18:45:42 CST 2004

>The whole band delivers better on that one.  Even Pete's wimpy 1982 guitar
playing sounds stronger.  That's from the Giant Stadium show, right?  Was
the Toronto show particularly thin sounding?  I always thought that was just
their sound on that tour, judging from Who's Last and my memories of the
Worcester, MA show.  By comarison, The Quiet One kicks ass.

I don't much care for the eighties sound.  They were going too fast on the
traditional numbers, and it was just chaoitic.  The songs Pete composed for
the eighties sounded fine, though.

Speaking of the eighties, I was listening to "Love Reign O'er Me" last night
on WhoTV and I was stuck by how much stronger Roger sounds now than he did
then.  Even on his off days, he's got a better voice now.  What's the
difference?  Slower tempo?  Different style? Throat surgery?

keets