New Beatles Release; Elton Who related

Marcus Surrealius bushchoked at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 18 14:14:46 CST 2004

> One observation that has been overlooked, at least
by this inattentive
reader, is that the US and UK versions were purposely
mixed differently,
each for the assumed tastes of the target market.

Lew:

I have no problem with that, but one thing I think is
required: it's a GOOD mix. They ignored obvious
mistakes in this release, ones they could have fixed
had they bothered.

> I am not, nor, IMO, are any of you, a better judge
on how to mix a track
than Sir George Martin, who is responsible for all
BeaTles releases.

One of the arguments against this release is: the
American mixes are NOT the ones Martin did, nor wanted
to do. Essentially, they're overrun by feedback. A
choice Martin wisely did not make, but Capitol decided
that American artists want feedback. The problem is on
the more rockin' songs, it overwhelms the music and
makes it sound cluttered and noisy.

> Ok, I can't resist.
For shits and giggles, how is this "who-related"
again??

Kevin:

Easy. Elton John was in the Tommy movie, AND played
with The Who on the LA Tommy concert 1989.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity."
                   Lazarus Long

=====
Cheers         ML