The Who at Live Aid

Marcus Surrealius bushchoked at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 18 10:09:26 CST 2004

> Doesn't that suggest that the songs should have been
shown on television to the rest of the world?

Jim:

Well, to be absolutely clear...they said they lost the
power feed to JFK. I suppose that means to whatever
fed the giant monitors they had in the stadium, which
(to me) means they lost what they were getting from
England by satellite. I assume this because MTV, which
was probably feeding off of the same transmission,
lost the signal too. I don't know how it was broadcast
to the rest of the world, or if anyone ever said those
broadcasters lost the powerfeed. I'd like to hear from
one of our UK members who were watching at the
time...did you guys lose any of the Who set?

Since as Scott said we have the entire WGFA, despite a
powerfeed loss seen on MTV at the time (I have it on
videotape). Unless there were two, unrelated problems
at the same time...once again, a huge coincidence...

Personally, I think Jimmy Page kicked out a plug
somewhere. "Bloody upstagers..." he was heard to
mutter.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity."
                Lazarus Long

=====
Cheers         ML