The Who at Live Aid

Marcus Surrealius bushchoked at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 18 08:11:04 CST 2004

> Ha!  Ya' like that one, Mark?

Scott:

No. But I did make a better-sounding one by putting
reverb on one channel and leaving the other alone. It
gets that "old RnR" feel without distorting the music.
It took me all of 5 minutes.

> See, I think they would've used more Who if they
could have because The Who is a bigger act & would
attract more buyers to the DVD.

It was mostly about MTV and the 80's. Which is not
where The Who is considered. Now, if Pete had played
solo...

> Which leads me to believe that, like the booklet
says, "My Generation" & "Pinball Wizard" were only
seen by the audience at Wembley, & full video of those
two songs doesn't exist.

I don't believe it. What do you think, that they
turned off the cameras? Stopped the tapes? What a
coincidence if of all the entire 16 hour event, those
two songs were the only not captured, huh? And, as you
say, the entire WGFA is here. The ONLY way they could
have been lost (I guess) is if the director's booth
lost power (or wherever it was actually taped), and
I've never heard that story from anyone. The problem,
as has always been stated (except for that idiot Mark
Goodman) was the power feed to the US. And, with that
in mind, only the Wembley crowd got to see PW &
MG...yes, of course. As you know, on MTV they had the
beginning of MG before the problem and the end of PW
as the feed was restored. Cameras rolling as the song
was in progress.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity."
                Lazarus Long

=====
Cheers         ML