New Beatles Release; The Who at Live Aid

Scott Schrade schrade at akrobiz.com
Tue Nov 16 18:35:54 CST 2004

> Some things are strange. I have a stereo I Want To
> Hold Your Hand, for instance, on Past Masters 1 and
> Ones. But it's not used here, instead you get the
> "duophonic" stereo version.

It's times like this I'm glad I'm not a big Beatles fan.

> > I just watched The Who's portion of the new Live Aid DVD.
>
> Great, isn't it?

Yeah, but I wish MG & PW were included.  That was the major
missing chunk!  What?  *No*body over in Britain taped The
Who's set back in '85?  Where are the video boots??!!

Boy, that opening BBC news segment on the DVD was poignant.
The starving people in Africa.

Status Quo were OK.  I'm not really into them.  I'm sorry, but
Paul Weller & Style Council blow.  I'm up to the Boomtown
Rats.

Ha!  There's the Goodyear Blimp!  Get your fist up!  Akron
in the hoouuuuse!!!

- SCHRADE in Akron