New Beatles Release; The Who at Live Aid

Marcus Surrealius bushchoked at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 16 17:58:13 CST 2004

> Depending on who you believe these are suppose to
have 38 true stereo and 7
"duophonic" fake stereo tracks.
http://abbeyrd.best.vwh.net/capitolalbumsdebate.html

Bruce:

Yes, there ARE true stereo tracks on this set...but
they have added reverb, so they're not what I'm
talking about. There are good clean untampered-with
stereo tracks...I have them on bootlegs, so I've heard
them with my own two ears...and they are not used
here.

The mono tracks ALSO have added reverb! It's like,
DAMN BOY...get me some more of that REVERB and put it
on this puppy! Too much of anything...

Some things are strange. I have a stereo I Want To
Hold Your Hand, for instance, on Past Masters 1 and
Ones. But it's not used here, instead you get the
"duophonic" stereo version. Which isn't impressing me.
Who was the genius who made THAT decision? It's true,
however, that I'm listening on my store stereo not my
high quality home stereo. The tracks might sound
better there.

> I just watched The Who's portion of the new Live Aid
DVD.

Scott:

Great, isn't it?

> First off, WGFA is *not* edited.
So, that means "My Generation" & "Pinball Wizard" *do*
exist
in their entirety.  Interesting.

See? I told ya.

I've just made it to the Petty section, after having
watched it all day. Mullets, mullets, everywhere...ah,
the 80's...

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity."
                     Lazarus Long

=====
Cheers         ML