Still More on the U2 Promotion Effort

JOELTLE515 at aol.com JOELTLE515 at aol.com
Sat Nov 13 22:56:48 CST 2004

I honestly think U2 can get by without alot of promotion. there are instances
where too much promotion can actually unsell an album because people are sick
and tired of hearing the same song over and over again. and ya know
something, this "vertigo" song is very good, and I don't think i'll get tired of it
anytime soon, hence the notion that U2 can get by without a heavy promotion
backing it up. they're just that good. hell, green day didn't have alot of
promotion with "american idiot" and it became their first album to debut at no. 1.
same thing with rod stewart's latest album of standards, became his first no. 1
album in oh so many years. so, it's possible.