New Pete Diary!

Jim M NakedI at comcast.net
Wed Nov 10 16:27:04 CST 2004

----- Original Message ----- From: <RDaltreyyyaaaaa at aol.com>

> Wow! It's a good one too!
>
> Lar

Do we need to post the whole thing here to get some discussion going?  Here
it is:

http://www.petetownshend.co.uk/diary/display.cfm?id=97&zone=diary

NEW WHO ALBUM - WHO2 will not be a concept album. That is, in itself, a
concept for me. Roger and I meet in mid December to play what we have
written. If we move ahead from there, we may have a CD ready to release in
the spring. My working-title for the project - 'Who2' - is only partly
tongue-in-cheek. If the recording works out we will tour with the usual band
in the first half of 2005.

THE BOY WHO HEARD MUSIC is a short story I finished some time ago. It will
not be the title of the next Who album. It is not autobiographical. It is a
continuation of the LIFEHOUSE chronicles, and features the LIFEHOUSE METHOD
(music generated from data gathered from various individuals). I hope to
develop this as an animation feature with music in the second half of 2005.
I would also like to see a concert version. With everything
LIFEHOUSE-related I know I must dream on.

WHO HE? While I write songs and short stories I also work on this, my
autobiography. I am really enjoying this, and would do what Bob Dylan has
done and put out my early years first, were it not for the fact that I was
arrested early in 2003. My autobiography now offers me the chance to lay
down my life story and place recent events in proper context. I have had a
long and lumbering life - this book will take time.

A DIFFERENT BOMB. This is the book I spoke about that was in preparation
when I was arrested in early 2003. This small book is about the impact and
danger of child-porn on the internet: essays about and interviews with
casualties of abuse or survivors like myself. I have shelved it. I can't
venture publicly into this area again.

QUADROPHENIA. There is exciting news in the wind about Quadrophenia and its
theatrical life. The development during 2002 with Trevor Nunn for the
National Theatre hiccupped, but various provincial British theatres have
shown very serious interest in mounting a production. There is also an
investigation of its theatrical potential by a major American producer.

BRAND NEW. I am also talking to Des McAnuff (who must be the busiest man on
earth) about a new musical spectacular for Las Vegas. We've been talking
about doing this since we mounted Tommy on Broadway back in 1993. It's
getting closer.

TODAY. Hope that explains the various strands of my activity right now.
Mainly, I spend every day in my studio writing songs. Occasionally, I get
two or three hours in on my life story. I'm very much enjoying this creative
time.

Pete
101104