Still the sour grapes, eh?

Sigel, James (N-CSC) james.sigel at lmco.com
Wed Nov 3 13:50:41 CST 2004

Joel:

>if you actually saw "fahrenheit 9/11", you'll see that mike dosen't
hate america,

I did see it.  And I saw "Mike" make his statement, clear as an
unmuddied lake.  And no matter how much you guys try to spin it, it
still amounts to the same hatred.  Pure, unabashed hatred.  You don't
support this country's enemies because you don't like the President; you
just don't.  What you think Pete Townshend wouldn't let Moore used WGFA
because he simply didn't think it fit?

>by the way, last I heard, pete still didn't see "fahrenheit",
>which goes to show that unless you've actually seen the movie,

No, Pete didn't have to see the movie; Moore's production company met
with Pete privately and gave him a full synopsis of the film, to which
Pete promptly refused to let Moore use the song.  He commented that he
didn't like the way Moore spins the truth after Pete saw Bowling for
Columbine.  Don't crucify me, that's what Pete said.  Funny how this
stuff never made it to this list...

Sour and Sad Marky:

>Twisting Townshend's words to suit their narrow agenda?

You'd know all about twisting words, wouldn't you?

>What else can you expect from the people who are unable to admit to ANY
mistakes?

Ditto...

>It's McCarthyism back to haunt us,

FOUL!  I've been calling the anti-Bush movement's cry-wolf politics
McCarthyism for two years now.  You'll have to find another analogy;
this one's taken.

>Some dare to send others to die in their
>place while making sure not a single one of them ever
>had to be placed in danger,

Sure, it comes with the position.  Ask Presidents Lincoln, Grant,
Wilson, TR Roosevelt, FDR, Truman, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, etc etc etc
etc...  Last time I checked, I don't recall a single one of them
actually leading the charge up the hill.  TR doesn't count because he
wasn't Prez at the time of San Juan hill.

>The American REAL heroes are the people intelligent enough, and brave
enough,
>to vote for John Kerry on Tuesday.

Too bad Kim Jong, Arafat, and bin Laden weren't registered voters,
might've put Kerry over the top.  If Hitler were still alive, he
could've thrown his endorsement in the ring with them too.  Stalin..?

As much as you'd just love to start another pissing contest with me
Marky, I'll keep it short and real.  First of all, thanks for extending
another example of your "open mindedness".  As if I needed another
example, but thanks just the same.  As soon as someone makes a comment
that you don't agree with, you start trouble.  In character at least.
But just remember - my comments weren't directed at you, so keep that in
mind the next time you feel the need to go on another self-righteous
tirade.  Proof positive yet again, that your hypocrisy lives and
breathes.

And by the way, the "REAL" heroes are the ones fighting overseas so some
suicide bomber doesn't blow up a tour bus going to Disneyworld, not ones
who took a couple hours off of work to do their American duty and vote.
Heroes indeed.  Talk about delusions of grandeur.  Typical; wanting a
pat on the back for doing what you're supposed to be doing.

And for the record, nobody is "twisting" Pete Townshend's words
regarding his feelings toward Michael Moore but you, pal.  Observe:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A46304-2004Jul13.html

"I greatly resent being bullied and slurred by him just because he
didn't get what we wanted from me," Townshend told Ireland Online
<http://breakingnews.iol.ie/entertainment/story.asp?j=110409222&p=yyx4x9
9z8> .
Moore wanted Townshend's rock anthem "Won't Get Fooled Again" for use on
the soundtrack of his anti-Bush documentary film, "Fahrenheit 9/11."
Townshend refused, saying he thought Moore's previous movies amounted to
"bullying." In response, Townshend said that Moore accused him of being
a war supporter. Townshend says Moore's attitude was evocative of
President Bush's war on terrorism credo: if you're not with me, you're
against me.
"It seems to me that this aspect of his nature is not unlike that of the
powerful and willful man at the centre of his documentary," Townshend
observed."
Follow the link if you want the whole article.  And do a search on the
Web for Pete's remarks about Bowling for Columbine if you still think
I'm "twisting" his words.  So long buddy...
Jim in Colorado
"I'm evil.  I must be, everyone says so." - George "line 'em up against
the wall and pop goes the weasel" Bush