Oasis marketing

L. Bird pkeets at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 2 07:18:47 CST 2004

Somehow I've gotten on the Oasis mailing list and I've got in a notice today
about their 2005 summer tour.  I gather they're confident enough about the
release date of their new cd that they're setting up the tour now.

This would be the cd Oasis is recording with Zak, right?  Who we're hoping
will go on tour with The Who next year to promote THEIR new album.  I guess
Oasis is staking out their time early.  There are only three shows scheduled
right now, which doesn't look like it will pose a huge conflict.

http://www.oasisinet.com/site.php?site=news&idx=498

Besides the tour news, I notice they've got a radio ad up for promotion
their DVD.  Posting the ads is kind of cool, I think.  These aren't as much
fun as the U2 ads because they're not video, but I got the Windows Media
visual to go with it.

I couldn't get into the tour section of their website, but here's an
announcement from elsewhere:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
OASIS will play three massive outdoor shows in 2005.

The group, currently in LA recording the follow-up to ’Heathen Chemistry’,
will play the dates in June and July next year.

The dates include a show at the new home of Manchester City FC, The City Of
Manchester Stadium.

The tour visits:

    * Glasgow Hampden Park (June 29)
    * Manchester City of Manchester Stadium (July 2)
    * Milton Keynes National Bowl (9)

Support will be announced in the coming weeks. Tickets, priced £32.50, go on
sale at 9am on November 6 and are limited to 6 per applicant.

For ticket availability, click here or call the NME Ticketline on 0870 1 663
663.