Warm-up band louder than Who

Sroundtable at aol.com Sroundtable at aol.com
Sun May 30 23:13:49 CDT 2004

In a message dated 5/28/2004 4:32:43 PM Central Daylight Time,
thewho-request at igtc.com writes:

> >How was the volume on his ears?
>
> He thought that the warm-up band was louder than The
> Who.  It was a bit louder than he expected.

I noticed a similar thing when I took in an Aerosmith concert in Lafayette,
LA in March.  Cheap Trick opened for them, and they were OBNOXIOUSLY loud.  It
was terrible.  I told my friend that they needed a new sound guy desperately.
Their set blew, also.  The guitarist was all over the place and put on a good
show, but the rest of them acted like they were doing us a favor by playing.
That's one thing no one can accuse The Who of doing.

Mc