Keith....not Bill....

Alan McKendree amck at thenetdr.com
Fri May 28 23:40:02 CDT 2004

On May 28, 2004, at 4:31 PM, The Who Mailing List Digest wrote:

> Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 18:27:22 -0700
> From: "An English Boy" <peter_dennis_blandford_townshend at hotmail.com>
>
> ......every notable bass line on a recording by the rolling stones*
> was actually played by Keith Richards, (with rare exception, and then,
> during the very early years circa 1963-66), until the Darryl Jones
> years beginning about 10 years ago.
>
> Bill Wyman would be a horrible choice.

Fine.  We'll strike him from the five or six options Toby gave, and
I'll add in Jack Bruce to replace him (hoping Jack can overcome his
health problems) or as a lesser but still interesting choice, Chris
Squire.  Problem is, as hapijac said:  Pete likes the spotlight -- and
I don't see him giving up any of it.

Cheers,
Alan
Townshend, 1967