RGLB Video - A bit more Pino...

O'Neal, Kevin W. Kevin.ONeal at vtmednet.org
Fri May 28 07:58:06 CDT 2004

>From: Keithjmoon70 at aol.com
>Subject: RGLB Video online
>
>I wonder if VH1 is playing it?
>I just adore this video.  Much thought went into what went where.

I'm on DSL at home, and still the video portion doesn't flow properly.  I get still photo segments, and then some sections that do flow.
So, still haven't seen it completely as intended.
>From what I can tell though, it's a 'really good looking' piece of work.

'um..can you get on with it?....can you keep it together?'

>From: "Karbon Karbon" <tetrakarbon at hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: Pino off his leash
>
>I couldn't agree more.  I think Palladino could be a decent replacement, if
>either he or Pridden insisted he get mixed up.

Ya know!  I mean, I have heard flashes of talent.  That Forum CD that Cousin Schrade played for us on our drive down-town in NY.  BAM!  There was a nice eye-opening run.
So, he's *got* chops.  We just can't hear them!

It beggs the question...what can we as dopey fans do about it??
Some E-mails to Matt?
That's a good start.
I personally will not write Pete about it.
If I write Pete, it's not about the sound of the band or anything like that.

>There may be no
>replacement for the Ox,

"May?"
Definitely no replacing the Ox.

>but that doesn't give you an excuse to stop trying.

Ya don't even have to replace him.  Just get someone there we can hear.  Someone with their own bass personality.  But let's not continue to shelf the low-end register.
The more I think about it, the better I like the idea of Simon on bass.
It's still all in the family.
The question is, can he play?

>From: slipkids at nyc.rr.com
>Subject: THE WHO  MSG  MAY  22,  2004   I WAS THERE
>
>With the opening chords of I cant explain,  the first 4 or 5 songs,  were explosive,

Absolutely.  That was my take too.
I felt the "wow factor" coming into play.  Things were hitting warp-drive.
I exchanged looks with my friends of "oh my, we're in for a treat tonight!."
I even leaned over and said "DAMN, that doesn't hurt at all, does it!?"
The physical feeling of pleasure when The Who is kicking on all cylinders is priceless.  It's as good as any drug.  As Magik would say....'give me my Who-juice!"

>as well as naked eye,

NE was great because of it was different and interesting.  It held my attention.

>everything else,  I thought the rest of show lacked its ferocious appeal,  that we all are used >to seeing.

I can't argue with that.
The ferociousness that was there was ummm.....umm....forced by Pete (that's not necessarily a bad thing)?
You know the band feels it too.
They know we've seen this before.
It doesn't have the excitement it did when it was new.
They're not stupid.
It *will* be exciting for them and audience in Australia and Japan.
But here, they come in humble, asking only to spend some time with us, and for us to give them an emotional boost.  In return, we party for a night.  A bargain.  The best I've ever had.

They also know that going to a Who concert is more than just a show.
Like Scott, and Jon, and Stu and Mike and Joe and everyone else, The Who is also gathering with friends they haven't seen in a while.
The Who knows that a Who concert is like adding an additional holiday to the calendar.
It's a reason to party.  To step out of our routines and celebrate.

>There are soo many songs in their catalogue,  that they can use to refresh the song, but,  we
>still  get the same songs over and over,  which can get tiring.

It'll change.  As I've said, this is a transition.
Prepare for new music, with obscure old Who songs, with the handful of contractually obligatory hits.

>but I also find it hard to talk about our beloved band,  like this,  since we have 2 left.

Funny, i was just thinking this morning that I too find it hard to talk like this.
Hell, we could just as easily gotten nothing after 1989.
I feel incredibly lucky.

>I think Im being realistic in what Im saying.

No, you're tripping.  ;-)

Kevin in VT

Confidentiality Notice: