THE WHO MSG MAY 22, 2004 I WAS THERE

O'Neal, Kevin W. Kevin.ONeal at vtmednet.org
Thu May 27 12:03:59 CDT 2004

>slipkids at nyc.rr.com
>THE WHO MSG MAY 22, 2004 I WAS THERE
>
>Since it was a warm up show, for good things to come in the future,  perhaps it was a start.

Steve, I think this is the best way to view the shows in the US this year.
I've read many people who were flabbergasted that the set list was virtually the same again.
Me, I didn't expect a change, so I wasn't let down.
This set list will be brand new and greatly appreciated in Australia and Japan.
What, did people think they should learn an entire new show just for 4 gigs, months apart, in the US?  Pa-lease.
To me, these shows are a transition period.
Transition from the last tour in 2002, to the next tour in 2005 (hopefully, 'cause I can't wait much long than that to party with Cousin Schrade and Brother Jon!) which, Pete willing, will have a bunch of new material and momentum.
I've also heard people bitch that there wasn't the same excitement, etc. around this tour.
Again, this isn't a tour!
This is a favor!
Hell, they could just as easily blown right past the US.
I say...."THANKS!"

>I'll most likely still attend the shows, in the near future,  as I am a fan.

Ohhhh yeah.  Me too.  And next time....Molly Wee's *before* the show.  ;-)
Kevin in VT

Confidentiality Notice: