Pino's leash

L. Bird pkeets at hotmail.com
Tue May 25 22:15:45 CDT 2004

>Getting Pino-serious for a moment...I've now read 2 different accounts of
>how Pino was easily heard.  One evenstating he was too loud. How can that
>be? Scott, Jon, Joe....we were all sitting in different parts of the arena,
>and we all came away with the same impression. I don't get it.
What's the explanation??

I was sitting in 118 diagonal to the back of the stage, on Pete's side, in
the first row beyond the boxes.  Does that mean I was close enough to hear
the bass regardless of how it was mixed?

I wouldn't say it was too loud, but I could hear it easily enough when I
listened for it.  It was loud and clear, of course, when it was supposed to
be featured ("My Generation" solo), and not really too loud, but too harsh
on "Eminence Front."  Was that an experiment, do you suppose?  Roger's
guitar with the main theme is sharp, and the tone of the bass didn't balance
it well--it grated a bit instead.

keets