MSG - Part One

Kevin O'Neal kevinandt at gmavt.net
Tue May 25 18:02:20 CDT 2004

>Scott Schrade
>MSG - Part One
>
>And then he appeared in all his glory.

I was wearing clothes!

>Kevin is a fucking dynamo.

Funny, I didn't feel like a dynamo Sunday morning.

>The energy level definitely picked up
>when he arrived.  If you haven't partied with Kevin then you've missed
>out on a whole bunch of spirited silliness & great Who conversation.

That's really nice of you to write, Scott.
It's easy to have such fun when the company is right.

>Keithjmoon70
>MSG
>
 >I hear Kevin come in late
>singing a song in an R Kelly tune: "Haters wanna hate, lovers wanna
love, -I
>don't even want- any of the above-I wanna piss on you..."

"...Drip, drip, drip."
Bahahah.  Oh man, I love the Chapelle Show.

>Scott Schrade
>MSG
>
>Yeah, you actually had to tell me to stop when I was going through the
>litany of celebrities that we imagined Kevin might mistake for Roger.
>What a fuckin' riot!  ;-o

OK, OK, you two!
Scott, don't make me break out Glade jokes. ;-)
It was an honest mistake!
Let's not forget that this was during our walk back down 7th Ave.("I
couldn't give it away on 7th Avenue.") after partying....*hard*....at
"HURL"-eys.
I was buzzed (boy, and how)!
I guess it wouldn't have been such a big deal if I hadn't yelled for you all
to stop and check it out, bringing all traffic on 7th avenue almost to a
complete stop.
Hey, it was right next to a drawing of Bob Marley, so I figured they were
all musicians!
That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!

An observation or two:
People in NY are a bit jumpy.
I know, ya can't blame 'em.  But when I greeted Scott and Jon with my
"Who-Who-Who" chant, and when I yelled for everyone to stop and check out
the Daltrey drawing that wasn't, both times people around us turned
violently with startled expressions.
That surprised me.
Also, I too didn't feel anything at the pit.  Scott, it was you who had to
remind me of the amount of death.  I did manage to kind of separate from the
crowd for a few moments to try and connect.  It's hard to imagine the amount
of destruction at the time.  Just strange.....

Getting Pino-serious for a moment...
I've now read 2 different accounts of how Pino was easily heard.  One even
stating he was too loud.
How can that be?
Scott, Jon, Joe....we were all sitting in different parts of the arena, and
we all came away with the same impression.
I don't get it.
What's the explanation??

I've been chuckling at various things from this weekend too.
One of the best, Scott, was when you pointed out to Mike that you broke out
the Glade again.
Man, that was priceless.  I looked over at Stu, and he was about bent over
in pain.
I later explained to Mike about the extent of your previous experience in NY
with hotel gestapo.
He gave a kind of "aaaaahhhh" look.

2005!

Kevin in VT