MSG: Naked Eye

Joe Lewinski lewinski at icanon.com
Mon May 24 11:09:39 CDT 2004

Watching Naked Eye brought several things to mind.

1. The concert for NYC had Jon Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora performing
in a similar format.  Both with guitars and both singing.  I forget
the song.. (Dead or Alive - maybe).   It dawned on me then that
Pete and Roger could do this without sweating.

2.  Roger has improved his guitar work.  I dig it.   This is not a difficult
song to play, but to sing like Roger AND play too - DOES!   Pete was visibly
proud of his student with applause following the performance.

3.  We got it.   We asked for it and we got it.   It was a special version.
It will evolve, but we saw it first in the incubator.

4.  In this format, it gave me hope that we can keep our chips on
Roger and Pete for some time to come.   I'll continue to go to their
shows even if they're sitting on stools.   They could do 15 songs
acoustically and they would still sound edgy and fresh to me.

Joe in Philly