MSG

Neil E. Weissman neilweissman at yahoo.com
Sun May 23 19:35:00 CDT 2004

I too was at the MSG show.  While a terrific performance, it was short,
under 2 hours.  The only reason they did Magic Bus at the end was that they
had to fill another 7 to 10 minutes.  They seem to be racing through songs
becoming very predictable.  In fact, their concerts have been progressively
shorter since the 2000 tour.  I am surprised this has not been raised by
fans yet.

Many of you may not like this, but I feel cheated.  I expect a band to play
at least 2:15 or 2:30.  Won't Get Fooled Again ended a 1:25 to 1:30 set.  I
said to my friend who I was with, I am paraphrasing: 40 plus years of music
and this is what they come up with?  I completely understand that they are
older and may not be able to go as long.  Ok, but lower the prices and/or
have an intermission or more of an acoustic set.  Maybe I expect too
much.:-)

At times I was glad that they were doing shows.  Highlights: Punk Meets the
Godfather and Naked Eye.  But, at times you see too much is missing without
Entwistle: Punk Meets the Godfather, My Generation (jam), Magic Bus, too
many other places.

All in all, I love this music so much and am very happy to see that they are
out there.