MSG

Jim M petenotped at hotmail.com
Sun May 23 07:10:33 CDT 2004

Here's Matt's update from MSG.  Looks like they're actually changing up the show from one night to the next.  And, what's that in the middle of the set?  NAKED EYE?!?!?! I think it's safe to say we've got one excited Vermonter on our hands.

Can't wait to hear from the crew that went to NY.  I wonder if they thought they were in for the same old show after the first seven songs?  I wonder what the accoustic section was like.  I guess we know what Drowned was like, but have they done Naked Eye accoustically before?  That must have been different.

Guess we won't be getting any updates until those guys get home from the Apple.  C'mon Kevin, whip out that laptop of yours and start tapping!

Jim M

MSG

Sometimes in your life you just happen upon magical moments. Today I had planned to be in Cardiff to see my football team lose the FA Cup Final but instead I found myself in New York with the Who. I could write a lot about what happened on the stage at Madison Square Garden tonight but it wouldn't do justice to the band's performance so I'm going to sleep on it (after I've put some photos up) and return to it tomorow.

Matt

Setlist

I Can't Explain
Substitute
Anyway Anyhow Anywhere
Who Are You
Behind Blue Eyes
Baba O'Riley
5.15
The Punk And The Godfather
Love Reign O'er Me
Eminence Front
Drowned (PT solo acoustic)
Naked Eye (PT & RD solo acoustic)
Real Good Looking Boy
You Better You Bet
My Generation /Young Man Blues (part)/ Old Red Wine
Won't Get Fooled Again

Encore 1

Pinball Wizard
Amazing Journey / Sparks