Vedder and sheep

Sroundtable at aol.com Sroundtable at aol.com
Mon May 17 19:56:56 CDT 2004

A friend of mine is particularly annoyed by Vedder's rapid "billy goat"
vibrato.  When we met Pearl Jam a few years ago, he got the "VS" album signed
and
had one of the guitarists draw an arrow from Vedder's signature to the
picture
of the sheep on the cover...

I am also very annoyed by that.  It's the one reason I can't listen to Pearl
Jam.  I have respect for their gravity as a mega-band, but that voice drives
me nuts.  I feel the same way about Metallica and Dave Mathews.  I might like
the music if the voices didn't make me want to wretch (though admittedly DMB's
music isn't really my cup of tea either way).  I have heard Eddie has done
some PJ shows where you can't even understand anything he sings, similar to what
Dylan has been like the last 20 years.  His tortured, suicidal artist demeanor
doesn't do anything for me either.

As for the sheep autograph, that's a pretty fucking good sense of humor.
Caustic- I LOVE IT!

Mc