Who's Next Tribute

Sroundtable at aol.com Sroundtable at aol.com
Mon May 17 19:46:32 CDT 2004

I think they're fantastic.  I've seen them a number of times.  The whole band
is great - Bill, the guitarist, has Pete's moves, riffs, guitars and costumes
down perfectly, and for my money, you will never see a drummer closer to
Keith Moon than their guy.  The first time I saw them play their Tommy medley, I
envisioned myself standing among a packed crowd in Ronnie Scott's club.

I think they're well worth having.

Jason

Jason:

Thanks for the input.  I just got a DVD sent by Bill, and I'm impressed.  I
think their John sounds EXACTLY like JAE and has his facial expressions and
general "I don't give a shit" attitude down, and his 5.15 solo was pretty damn
close.  I agree about the drummer- he has Keith's style down, though his hair is
a little to long and curly and he wore a cut-off shirt (I don't remember
keith ever wearing a cut-off).  Bill was phenomenal as Pete.  I wish there had
been more footage of him, but of course I wish all Who videos had more Pete
footage.  Their Rog has the moves down perfectly, but naturally doesn't quite have
the Rog range (but who does?).  He also looks exactly Roger and even has an
almost identical build to the post-2000 Daltrey.  He sounded awesome on some of
the songs, but I think the fact that the sound was from the video cameras made
others sound just a tad off in spots.  He was fucking great, though.  I'm
VERY excited about getting them down here and knocking that Zep band off their
pedestal.  I'm going to keep the list updated on the project's progress and I
welcome any and all input about Who's Next (as it's apparent they are who I've
decided to go with).

Mc