Set list, zzzzzzz, opening for The Who...

Marcus Surrealius bushchoked at yahoo.com
Fri May 14 15:07:07 CDT 2004

> Buster Poindexter *was* on several SNL shows one
year in the late 80's.

Jim:

I must not have seen that, I stopped watching when
Eddie Murphy and that bunch left.

> than I had realized.  But then I thought he was in
the Animals, so what do I
know?

His most significant contribution was The New York
Dolls, a sort of geared-up Stones-type band many
consider the first Punk band (although WE know that
was The Who) and was likely responsible for the much
weaker version of themselves, Aerosmith. The Dolls
were a great band, all balls and little intellect.
Davey-Jo went on to a fairly successful solo career
(best album - Here Comes The Night) pretty much ending
with a live album containing an Animals tribute many
of us saw endlessly repeated on MTV. It came out the
same year as the Who "Farewell" tour. But The Animals
themselves DID open for The Who on several shows.
The Buster Poindexter thing was a joke, and I've heard
(but can't confirm) that it was to be a "one off" but
certain individuals who might be in the same general
business as Tony Soprano leaned on him to continue in
that vein.

"I'm also not very analytical. You know I don't spend
a lot of time thinking about myself, about why I do
things."
   George "like you didn't already know that" Bush

=====
Cheers         ML