Set list, zzzzzzz, opening for The Who...

Jim M petenotped at hotmail.com
Fri May 14 13:48:37 CDT 2004

----- Original Message ----- From: "Marcus Surrealius"

> I think Jim is thinking of Billy Crystal, who did a
> character similar to Poindexter. "You look
> mmmmaaaaarrrrvelous!"

Well, it is better to look good than to feel good my friend, but no, that's
not the guy.  Buster Poindexter *was* on several SNL shows one year in the
late 80's.  I don't know if he was part of the band, or some kind of
recurring guest or what.  I had thought he was the band leader, but that's
apparently wrong.  My fuzzy memory was confirmed by the link I posted
earlier.  I wouldn't have even known Buster was "DJo" if my friend hadn't
mentioned it to me in connection with SNL.  Then it stuck in my head because
I remembered he had opened for The Who when I saw them.  Anyway, judging
from the bio's I read today, he was a much more significant figure in music
than I had realized.  But then I thought he was in the Animals, so what do I
know?

Jim M