Warm-up bands be for The Who

Frate, Chris (EM, PTL) Chris.Frate at penske.com
Thu May 13 16:47:18 CDT 2004

I don't disagree that he's got a good range. By contrived, I mean he does
some vocal things that are kind of taboo in rock, like excessive vibrato. I
also think a voice is contrived when you can't relate it to his speaking
voice. Jim Nabors would be the most extreme example. Axl Rose is like that
too. Roger, and people like Plant or Bowie on the other hand, even though
they may use their voices in extreme ways, have singing voices that are
extensions of their real timbre. It's just a pet peeve of mine. I certainly
must be in the minority, however, considering his (Vedder's) popularity!