Set list, dream or not...

Marcus Surrealius bushchoked at yahoo.com
Sat May 8 12:18:36 CDT 2004

> Very interesting.  Pete mentions that WHO2 *IS* what
> he feels he and Roger
> are.  A second Who, with two remaining members.  So,
> there you have it.

Jim:

Works for me. Now, if they'd only put that on the
posters Tshirts frontbills etc.

> Lots of other great stuff.  Zak plays in the
> "tradition" but not the "style"
> of Keith.

A great way to put it. I agree.

> Pino plays nothing like John.

Very true. He plays like anyone would. Not distinctive
at all.

> Jules actually jumped up and ripped off her blouse,
> and started dancing on the table!
> My wife joined her, as did our friend Dan's wife!

Kevin:

Now that sounds like a Myrtle Beach beach party! Or
the Mardi Gras.

> Actually, The Who is the only one that got
> reactions.  Really.

Oh, I believe you. Really. And when the songs came on,
it's more than just a little possible that someone at
the party was saying something like: "These are the
new Who songs!" Isn't it?

> I agree with you, I think the album will happen,
> eventually.

Cindy:

Even mentioning the possibility gives him reason
enough...is he going to pull another "Townshend" and
reverse himself? I'd hope by NOW he's learned not to
do that any more!

> He
> said they were being reasonably well received, but
> he also made some comment
> about how they were recorded hastily and implied
> that if they were going to
> be recording an album they would have to take more
> time over the songs.

Jim:

Good! Because the songs do sound a bit unfinished, not
rough but just sparse. Especially the guitar. I was
expecting a bit more of what Pete has been doing live
of late.

> Ah, Mark voted then.  ;-)

Scott:

I didn't, but I do think it's their best song.

> How about "I'm Free",

Chris:

That would be my second choice. In fact, what a great
set-opener THAT would make, huh?

Oh, and you can count me among those who could live
without seeing Pinball Wizard, BBE and Baba O'Riley
played live ever again.

"I have said that the sanction regime is like Swiss
cheese-that meant that they weren't very effective."
          George "just so you know" Bush

=====
Cheers         ML