Set List New....For New Fans

Schrade, Scott sschrade at ascpl.lib.oh.us
Fri May 7 12:36:33 CDT 2004

> The bass sucks on both.

True.  I just wanted to stress that they didn't sound like rough,
unfinished, sloppy recordings.  But, yeah, the bass sound is so
smeared & indistinct.

> What I didn't like about the interview was how flippant Pete states
> that Pino sounds "nothing like John."
> Like that's ok?

Not sure he was saying it was "OK" - just that while Who2 sounds
different than old Who it still has many similar elements (namely
Pete & Roger!)

> I'm going to be one critical SOB at MSG regarding Pino.
> Impress my ass!
> You don't have to be John, but be interesting for crying out loud!

Maybe he always sets his rig a certain way, I don't know.  His live
bass sound just isn't clear & distinct.  Maybe he feels his role is to
provide a "sense of bass" rather than sharp distinct bass notes.  It
might be a matter of "bass philosophy."  ;-)

- SCHRADE in Akron

The Council For Secular Humanism
http://www.secularhumanism.org/