Set List New....For New Fans

Jim M petenotped at hotmail.com
Thu May 6 06:28:03 CDT 2004

----- Original Message ----- From: "Scott Schrade"

> True, but Pete also says in reference to a possible new album that
> he's *written* songs & continues to *write* songs.  So,..............

Yeah, he's written Real Good Looking Boy.  I don't know, I came away with
the impression that just about nothing has happened since the session to
record those two songs.  But, I'm sure the comments I'm remembering came
from Roger, not just that Eddie Vedder interview.  I think it was an audio
interview, maybe one of those BBC things that he's been on.  Didn't he say
they had been spending a lot of time in the studio recently?  Where's the
Daltrey interview that's supposed to be on this whostouring site?  Has that
been up and taken down?  I know I had some reason for thinking they could
have been well into the recording process already.

By the way, what did you think of what Pete said about RGLB and ORW?  He
said they were being reasonably well received, but he also made some comment
about how they were recorded hastily and implied that if they were going to
be recording an album they would have to take more time over the songs.  At
least that's how it sounded to me.  If the (an) album actually does ever
materialize, what do you think that means for the sound of it?  I thought it
sounded like Pete wants to polish it a lot more than those songs.  Is that a
good thing?

One other thing I forgot to mention was that the interview seems to have
been done on the night of the RAH gig.  Pete talks about the Forum gigs in
the past tense, but mentions The Coral as the band "opening for us tonight."
So the interview's over a month old, whatever that means.

Jim M