MSG Dream Set List

Schrade, Scott sschrade at ascpl.lib.oh.us
Tue May 4 08:41:34 CDT 2004

> Roger chooses the set list.

No way do I believe Roger is the sole person responsible for picking the
songs in the set list.  It's been said he chooses the song *order* but I
can't recall ever reading that he alone picks the actual songs.  I can't
believe Pete is *that* indifferent.

> Most of the songs on our collective wish lists would probably make him
> feel uncomfortable now.

The guy's a pro; listen how he's changed his phrasing in "Who Are You"
to fit into a lower register.  My Forum Night 2 CD is evidence of this.
I'm really digging how Roger has been singing this song, although the
backing vocals are still (always?) weak.  I love Roger's updated phrasing
on "Substitute," too; I just wish they'd play it faster.  Roger can adapt.

> I therefore anticipate the songs on the rest of the shows this year will
> be much the same as at the UK warm ups and RAH, with the odd couple thrown
> in and out from the "different" songs played in 2000 and 2002.

You could be right, but that won't take away from my pleasure in watching
Pete play some ferocious, feedback-laden guitar; no bland sameness in that.

- SCHRADE in Akron

The Council For Secular Humanism
http://www.secularhumanism.org/