bad review for RGLB

Scott Schrade schrade at akrobiz.com
Sat May 1 12:26:18 CDT 2004

> I can't see where he's coming up with homoeroticism in RGLB either

Oh I do, but I think the phrase "homo eroticism" may be too strong a
description.

The author either considers the character of Pete at a young age, being
aware of Elvis's good looks, as the "homo eroticism," or the fact that
Pete in his later life, as an adult, while writing the song, is being "homo
erotic" by exploring the subject in the first place.

To some people, any time a man (or boy) sees & admits beauty in
another man,......well,......that's gay.  And I think the author of the art-
icle might be one of those types.

I guess I'm gay, too, because I remember, as a kid, noticing the tanned
beauty of Dean Martin while watching those comedy roasts on television.
Don Rickles, however, only stirred me via laughter.  ;-)

- SCHRADE in Akron

The Council For Secular Humanism
http://www.secularhumanism.org/