The Heart of The Who Speaks!

Keithjmoon70 at aol.com Keithjmoon70 at aol.com
Sun Jun 27 13:19:44 CDT 2004

In a message dated 6/27/2004 11:36:45 AM Eastern Standard Time,
schrade at akrobiz.com writes:

I  haven't
seen Pete this fired up for years."

This is basic to the album's success and the reason for the rave live
reviews.  -And why they should still be called The Who!

>>The restrictions that are always there when there was the  three
of you break down when there's two - or you perceive that it  does.
Two's company, three's a crowd."

I know this is a quip, but he better look for a letter from Queenie.

>>But what do
I know?  You forget, I've never seen The  Who live."

Aha!  The monitors must put out more bass than the PA.

>> If you do the eclectic stuff, half the audience  would
go home unhappy.  Then if you do all the hits, you get the  moaners.
You cannot please everybody."

He's got that figured out about right.

>>He just articulates a
human feeling that most other blokes have  felt as well."  (Notice Rog
said 'human' & not 'spiritual!' -  Schrade)

Roger's purpose in life and enjoyment seems to concern the band  itself and
he's more of a pragmatist.  On WBN, Pete did mainly focus on  human feelings,
but he was on the way down. He was affected by the  excesses of his life.  We
are all humans and humans have feelings.  If  we didn't have human feelings and
the ability to express them, we would truly be  mere animals or robots of
some sort.

The thing I admire most about Pete is that no matter if he is up or down,  he
doesn't lose sight of the fact that there is something more.  He's  deeply
honest.  Pete sees more than Roger does. Roger can identify that  Pete has a
gift and is honest about that.  But Roger may not realize  that he himself has
the same capacity if he weren't so limited by his love  of the band.  There is
so much more to see if we would open to see  it.

When Roger couldn't articulate his feelings, he would start punching  people.
 Many take this route verbally because of a narrow view.

That being said, surely Pete has a particular function that Roger doesn't
have. People are different. But Roger has inner eyes too that he may  not know
of.  I think that people tend to confuse intelligence with  spiritual sight.
Some folks are just more intelligent than  others. People give credit to Pete
for his genius. But spirituality is  not governed by intelligence.
Intelligence is "harnessed" by spirituality  to express what is seen once spirituality is
tapped.  To do this, one must  turn from their mind to their spirit.  If you
don't open to do this, it  won't happen. A person will remain an objective
thinker that knows  objective facts.

I can testify that my human spirit works.  It can sense the difference
between a smart guy talking and a spiritual person touching spiritual  things.

Pete spoke of the "Note." The Universal chord. What a discovery!  Roger
agreed and stated that "If we ever do find out what the meaning of  human life is,
it'll be a "note."'  He didn't come up with it, but he at  least agreed with
what Pete saw.

God put into every human being on earth an organ called our spirit. This is
a fact. It is a part reserved just for Him like a beach-head in our being.
Before finding this out, I was limited to my own opinions and blew around like a
 boat with no rudder and considered that to be freedom.

Just like we have eyes to see the physical realm, we have a spirit to  see
the spiritual realm.  It has God consciousness. It can sense God.

God is food. Every single person on earth whether they are rich or poor,  low
class, middle or upper class, intelligent or not needs food. It is  basic.
You don't need to be smart enough to eat. That is good news!   What an
equalizer!  If one eats, they will live. I'd rather be living than  dying. I can sense
that from Pete.

Thanks for putting this up, Scott. Great job. Roger gave us a lot of  answers
to the questions we've been asking.

Jon in MI.

"But a soulish man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for
they are foolishness to him and he is not able to know them because they are
discerned spiritually." I Cor. 2:14

"For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the spirit is
life and peace." Rom. 8:6

"I know a man who was once like you
But he opened his heart"

"God gave him a face, and He gave me something above. God gave me  grace and
He gave me sweet sweet sweet love" PT