Rabbitt Diary - 6/20/04 - I...O...W!

O'Neal, Kevin W. Kevin.ONeal at vtmednet.org
Thu Jun 24 10:43:25 CDT 2004

Really nice photo of Pete and Rabbit on stage at IOW.
http://www.johnbundrick.com/blog/index.php?year=2004&month=6&day=20
Kevin in VT
--------------------
Well, well, well. What a fab day it was
at the IOW festival. I got driven down
to the ferry, crossed over to the Isle of Wight,
and lo and behold, there were thousands of people milling
around, just having a great time. I arrived at 4pm,
and we weren't due on stage until 10pm that night,
so I had loads of visiting time with old friends,
new aquaintances, and record people, all sorts
of stuff was going on. I listened to Jet, a new
band from Australia I think, and the Manic Street
Preachers, a great band I think.
I had dinner, went back to the dressing room for a bit
of rest, and at 10 minutes to 10, I walked to
the stage to get ready to go on.
On the way there a guy stopped me and said,
"Pete, mind if I take a pic of you?."
I said to the guy, "I am not Pete Townshend.
For fuck's sake, do I look like Pete to you?.
If I do then you ain't paying attention to the stage."
I said "Sod off, no you can't have a pic, and asked
him if he knew who I was. He said 'Pete'. I said,
"No, I'm Rabbit." He said, "Who's Rabbit?"
Ha...ha.........ha.......ha
Where do these people live?
Outer Space?.............
Anyway I marched onwards, the rest of the guys walked on
stage, so I took my place behind the keyboards.
It was lightning when we started. Pete
just went straight into overdrive, and the
whole place erupted. This was a great show
for the Who. The fans were amazing, sung all
the words, held up babies, got so drunk they
fell over, and we bombarded the audience with a couple
of hours of shit kicking rockers, then when the gig
was done, I left the stage, straight into my car, and went to
the ferry, crossed and woke up in my own bed the next day.
Now that's what I call doing a gig.
You go crazy all night, and still wake up in
your own bed the next day, just like if you was having
a dream. Fantastic stuff!
Everybody played their asses off, and if I ain't
wrong, with the greatest respect to my boss,
the only guys who made any mistakes tonight were Pete
and Rog.........ha..........ha......ha.
Bobby Pridden managed to give Rog the wrong
harmonica again tonight. Wrong key totally..ha.
You should see them 2 guys. At their age they
are still mind-blowingly charismatic and
exciting. 100% showmanship. These 2 guys are
all about live excitement and raw energy.
So they made a couple of mistakes, and the band were
perfect. So what........all eyes were still
on those 2 guys, cause they are geniuses.
They can do no wrong. We are not worthy......
It was a great event. I'd still hope we would
do Glastonbury someday though..........
Thank you all who were there, and those who were
not, I bet it will show on TV at some point across
the globe..........
next stop....Tokyo....siranada...
John Rabbit Bundrick

Confidentiality Notice: