Who show annoyances and thewho.org

O'Neal, Kevin W. Kevin.ONeal at vtmednet.org
Tue Jun 22 10:44:32 CDT 2004

>From: "Jim M" <petenotped at hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: Q:Is it just me?  A:Just about.
>
>You know, I made it sound worse than it was.  But, yes, it was getting
close to being annoying.

I had a guy like that sit behind me and a couple of seats over at MSG.
He was talking to his girlfriend.  Saying shite like "what's this crap
now", etc.
It pained me.  I'm not sure if he was just messing with her, or not, but
I wanted to tell him to go to his car and turn on the radio if he just
wanted to hear their top 3 songs of all time.

I go to a show for the whole experience.
Not to wack-off on 2 or 3 of my favorite songs.
Sheesh.

>It was actually kind of refreshing to find someone so excited about the
early singles.  I think she'd name Substitute, I >Can't Explain and
Magic Bus as the highlights.

That *is* odd.

>Most people I know see those oldies as kind of pleasant interludes
between the anthems.

The dolts!

>Anyway, I countered her eye-rolling by singing the chorus of YBYB
*very* loudly right in her face.  That got her to have
>fun with it.

And, that's the whole point of going to shows.
Fun.

>> By sheer definition alone, only the *best* work will be "up to their
>> best efforts."  That means the majority of any artists work will fall

>> short of this lofty goal.  That doesn't mean it's bad, or not good,
or
>> just "eh"...it just means it's not their best.  So what?
>
>Exactly what I'm saying.  Those kind of comparisons mean nothing to me.
They're unrealistic.  But, many keep making them.

Driving down that same road, and leaving the same rutted track.
Silly, ain't it?

>From: Jdtr006 at aol.com
>Subject: Re: What's in a name ?
>
>> http://www.thewho.org/plates.htm
>

>I loved that collection! Very different, Kevin, your sailboat is
>beautiful....Sandy

Thanks, Sandy.
She's been worked on quite a bit over the last year.  A work in
progress, as all boats are.
B-O-A-T = "Break out another thousand"
Or, in my case, bust out yer tools and git to work.

Yeah, Joe's collection is great.
It was the incentive I needed to put 'SLIPKID' on my license.
I had contemplated 'THEWHO', but the Mrs. felt the more subtle approach
was better.
Ahhh, the compromise.

Kevin in VT

Confidentiality Notice: