Watford 2002 recording

Sroundtable at aol.com Sroundtable at aol.com
Sun Jun 20 19:00:23 CDT 2004

In a message dated 6/20/2004 8:20:24 AM Central Daylight Time,
thewho-request at igtc.com writes:

> Watford Coliseum, January 2002, with Entwistle.
> Fucking wonderful show it was, in a theatre with 1,400 capacity. Very
> intimate! And THAT'S the way I want to remember them - an absolutely
> blinding gig, replete with performances of YMB, Summertime Blues and Don't
> Know Myself. I'm still pinching myself to this day that I managed to see the
>
> Greatest Band of All Time in a small theatre like this. Now, why the hell
> don't they release THIS gig as a live album instead of the ten million CDs
> they have released from the post-Ox period tours???? If anyone out there has
>
> a CD or DAT recording of this concert I would be more than interested.

I have a fairly decent bootleg.  It's an audience recording, but not shitty
at all.  I have boots of all three of those pre-RAH gigs from 2002, and I think
Watford is probably the best one.  Rog sounds a bit sick on the Bargain high
not, but as many here have noted in the past, I am obsessed with that note and
have been for a log time.  I'd be happy to mail you a copy.  Just e-mail me
off list (sroundtable at aol.com) and we can set something up.

Mc