Spirituality sighting? & Is it just me?

Marcus Surrealius bushchoked at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 19 10:17:05 CDT 2004

> way.  I mean, if you consider it a simple love song,
> it sounds pretty
> shallow and the speaker sounds vain ("You're so
> lucky I'm around").

Jim:

What guy would have the balls to say that to a woman,
and what woman would stay with him if he did? And what
guy'd want to be with her if she did, etc.
Talk about your Jerry Springer...

> However, if you listen to it as God telling us the
> way out of our misery is
> to embrace Him, it actually makes a lot more sense:

And it IS what the song's about. Bargain too. Probably
most of Pete's love songs. Um, except perhaps Pictures
Of Lily. Then again, is POL a "love" song?

> So once again I ask, is it just me who feels this
way?

Pavel:

Not at all. I don't have a problem with Pete and Rog
touring and playing Who songs if they want, just that
they call it "The Who," because it's not any longer.
It's not up to that admittedly high standard. Once can
only speculate if they could even IF they still had
Keith and John. Judging by 2000, the last time I saw
them, I'd say probably. But no one really knows.
Calling it anything else would make more sense, at
least to me.

> Exactly what insult did Greg use?

Mc:

I guess "the high and mighty" part escaped you. Like
so very many things do. However, what I wonder is why
it's any of YOUR fucking concern in the first place. I
suppose you think you're being "lawyerly," but if so
you just got your ass whipped (which should tell you
something). MYOB.

"I promise you I will listen to what has been said
here, even though I wasn't here."
       George "I'm lying, but you're buying" Bush

=====
Cheers         ML