More Who IOW photos

Brian Cady brianinatlanta2001 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 19 08:45:52 CDT 2004

>From the official Isle Of Wight Festival site at:
http://www.isleofwightfestival.com/gallery.asp?band=TheWho

>From the diary:
Blue skies turned deep purple, and we all knew The Who
were preparing to blow our minds...but no-one was
quite prepared for the thrill they had planned for
us!..

Returning to the Isle of Wight Festival 34 years after
their marathon set in 1970, when they played
throughout the night to at least half a million people
on Afton Downs, The Who blasted the dust out of the
arena with hit after mega hit, expertly delivered.

Pete Townsend, and Roger Daltrey were joined by Pete’s
brother Simon on guitar and Ringo Starr’s son, Zak
Starkey, on drums. Truly perfect in every way, the
crowd went wild – an electrifying journey through this
much loved band’s career.

‘Substitute’, ‘Pinball Wizard’, ‘Who are you’, You
Better you Bet’,’ Won’t get Fooled Again’, ‘My
Generation’, just some of the tunes to take us back to
a time when music was ever-changing. A tremendous end
to a perfect day.

=====
-Brian in Atlanta
The Who This Month!