response to Reagan quip

Sroundtable at aol.com Sroundtable at aol.com
Fri Jun 18 11:11:08 CDT 2004

In a message dated 6/18/2004 10:58:54 AM Central Daylight Time,
thewho-request at igtc.com writes:

> actually, reagan didn't send arms to bin Laden. he recieved our help and
> arms
> long after reagan left the white house.

What is your source for this info?  I've never heard this.  Did Bush,
Clinton, or both give help and arms?  Didn't the Soviet war in Afghanistan end
shortly after Bush took office?  Why, then, would BL get help and arms from us "long
after Reagan left the White House?"  If you have a source I could check out,
I'd like to.

Mc