Spirituality sighting?

Jim M petenotped at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 15 14:53:06 CDT 2004

I was listening to Empty Glass on my morning drive today and all this talk
of Pete's spirituality made me listen to Let My Love Open the Door in a new
way.  I mean, if you consider it a simple love song, it sounds pretty
shallow and the speaker sounds vain ("You're so lucky I'm around").

However, if you listen to it as God telling us the way out of our misery is
to embrace Him, it actually makes a lot more sense:

I've got the only key to your heart
I can stop you falling apart
Try today you'll find this way
Come on and give me a chance to say

Let my love open the door
It's all I'm living for
Release yourself from misery
There's only one thing gonna set you free
That's my love, that's my love

I don't know, it just doesn't sound like romantic love.  Every verse talks
about "my love" curing problems, easing worry, etc.  If this is a love song
for a woman, she's a wreck.

Jim M